Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pizza Dough

Living in Honduras has changed the way we eat in some ways. Tim and I used to eat frozen pizzas at least twice a week. We LOVE pizza! But here we can't buy frozen pizzas so easily. If they are at the grocery store we go to, they are usually a bit pricey because it's imported. In order for us to have pizza, I have to make it from scratch. I know, it's much healthier this way, but it takes more time!

Problem solved (sort of)...
I found a really easy pizza dough recipe on the internet. We usually put green peppers, red peppers, jalapeno peppers, onions, pepperoni, and sometimes bacon if we could find it in the store.

Here is the recipe -

Ingredients:

1 package of active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F)
2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white sugar


Directions:
  1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
  2. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups bread flour, olive oil, salt, white sugar and the yeast mixture; stir well to combine. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Cover and rise until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  3. Turn dough out onto a well floured surface. Form dough into a round and roll out into a pizza crust shape. Cover with your favorite sauce and toppings and bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.

It's really easy and honestly doesn't take too much time. Making our own pizza is more fun than having a frozen one. We can decide what toppings we want and how much cheese to add.


I must admit, Amy (my sister) has a much better recipe or maybe she just cooks better than I do. Her's is a little bit harder and more involved. If I was in the States right now, I would get her to make me a chicken pizza! It's delicious!


(The link to the recipe ... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/pizza-dough-iii/detail.aspx )

No comments: