Thursday, August 12, 2010

Unpluckable???

How’s that for a blog name? It randomly came to me when Liz wanted (read: demanded) a good title for the blog. I blurted out the first comical name to encapsulate a cherished doctrine that came to my head. What came out – “Unpluckable! As in we are not able to be plucked out of the hand of the Father or Jesus.” This of course was referring to John 10:28-29:

-

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." (KJV)

-

Although “pluck” is an archaic English word for “snatch,” it still conveys the idea that believers of Jesus are eternally secure in the hand of Jesus AND in the hand of God the Father. We cannot be removed from that place of blessing and safety. But it also reminds us that it was only by grace that we were put in the hands of God in the first place. This blog is dedicated with that in mind. We are here for His glory, honor, and praise. May everything we say or do on this blog and also in our lives magnify Father, Son, & Spirit.


Tim

No comments: