Monday, December 3, 2012

Changes Coming

SCHOOL
There are so many things going through my mind that it's hard to keep them all in order.  In 2 1/2 weeks I will be finished teaching until April!  Therefore, I have to make lesson plans, organize everything in my classroom, and explain my class procedures/routines with my good friend, Laura, who will be taking over while I'm gone.  That has consumed a lot of time and energy during my breaks at school.

BABY FURNITURE
Also, I've been trying to plan and prepare for this sweet little girls arrival.  At times I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing or how to prepare.  But I praise the Lord for our school and how well they take care of us.  For the families that teach here, they supply all household furniture and appliances.  Since they didn't have a baby bed and changing table/dresser, they are going to purchase new ones for us.  What a huge blessing and one less thing I have to worry about in my preparations.

REGISTRY
Most people are able to go out to different stores and register for items they need.  Here in Honduras things are a little different.  But I did enjoy going online and registering at Target and Babies 'R' Us.  It was so fun looking at all the little girls clothes and fun baby items that can be very difficult to find here.  FYI: We are listed under Elizabeth Decker, Virginia, January 30th. 

PRAISE
We have been praying for guidance in who to hire to take care of Abigail when I have to go back to work in April.  I had just been praying about the very issue one Saturday morning when someone from school called and said that someone perfect had just requested to come back to ALP to work for a family.  Tim and I interviewed Gloria (who is a mother and grandmother and has been a nanny for a previous Pinares family) and loved her.  She will begin at the beginning of February while I'm still at home to get to know her and learn what I do to take care of Abigail.  She is Honduran only speaks Spanish, so Abigail will grow up bilingual.  Hopefully while I'm home with Gloria I will be able to learn a lot of Spanish as well. :-)  

PRAYERS
There are a few things that are still running through my mind that need to be taken care of before Abigail arrives.  1) We are looking for a car/SUV now and trying to save the money to purchase the best one for us.  There are only 8 weeks left before my due date so I'm starting to feel that time is running out fast.  2) Many items still need to be purchased for Abigail.  I'm not sure how or when everything will come together but please pray I don't start to stress about anything.  3) I must admit that I'm getting a little (actually a lot) nervous about the delivery.  Mostly because hospitals here are a little different and the nurses only speak Spanish.  Please be praying that everything goes smoothly.




No comments: